- Manage containers. This management includes creating, opening, deleting, and renaming containers (see Managing XML Data in Containers).
- Create input streams used to load XML documents into containers (see Input Streams and Strings).
- Create XmlDocument, QueryContext, and UpdateContext objects.
- Prepare and run XQuery queries (see Using XQuery).
- Create a transaction object (see the Getting Started with Concurrent and Transactional Processing guide for details).
Because XmlManager is the only way to construct important Figaro objects, and is central to your XML database application.